Once I figured out the CPAN issue (thanks Biesi!) it was relatively simple to install Bugzilla. Remember, while I’m a more advanced computer user, I don’t code – not one line. I even managed to figure out how to lock it down so only my family members can access the information.
A couple pain-points so far:
- After editing components of a product it doesn’t offer you an option to go back to the product. Definitely annoying after deleting a component.
- The Hardware, OS etc fields aren’t removable or editable. Though I’m told the fix for this is coming in 5.0, it’s a bit silly for my uses!
Pleasure-points so far:
- Installation was hella easier than I expected it to be. Good work guys!
- Nothing surprising yet, but the fact that it’s working the way I expected is a good thing. I’ve added a product and some components.
Time to file some bugs!